Understanding and providing professional services to Chinese High Net Worth Individuals
London, June 2018
Chinese high net worth individuals are investing in the UK for both business and family reasons. Business M&As, properties, legal services, citizenship schemes and education services are always on their top list. To understand them well is the key to long term business success. On 21st June, ECBF together with Quilter Cheviot held an open discussion panel on ‘Understanding and providing professional services to Chinese High Net Worth Individuals’. The panel members, after introducing themselves, answered questions on what motivates these individuals, the ‘culture of yes and no’, the problems they face and how professional networks can best support them.
The panellists who are experts from the East and the West were:
- Andrew Gavin, Senior Client Relationship Manager, Bank of China Private Banking Department
- Cecilia Xu Lindsey, Barrister, Arbitrator, 9 Stone Buildings
- Jonathan McCall, Investment Director and head of Tier 1, Quilter Cheviot
- Lili Zhang, China Specialist, London Residential Development, Savills
Real Estate Investment and Opportunities from China
London, March 2018
The event on 21st March, hosted by Weightmans, consisted of a panel of professionals who shared their experience and expertise on real estate investment and opportunities from China.
- Ben Raywood, Savills is responsible for sourcing data both in the investment and occupational markets. He provided a detailed overview and outlook of the Central London office market. His colleague, Lawrence Bowles gave an informative account of the residential market outlook in London.
- Zo Hoida, Weightmans, has worked on property acquisitions and disposals, development, landlord and tenant, secured lending and social housing, as well as several major high profile regeneration projects and for Chinese investors on the purchase, redevelopment and management of investment property. She looked at aspects of Chinese policy including the Belt & Road Initiative and the opportunities these present for investment into UK Regeneration projects.
- There was a video link with Alejandro Ripoll, a lawyer in Mexico, who shared his experience of working with Chinese clients on a huge regeneration project in Mexico.