Bringing the Tower Cranes Back From China
Birmingham, November 2015
A property Investment hosted by Weightmans LLP on 4th November 2015. A prestigious panel of speakers explained what property investment in Birmingham is all about, why what is happening is happening, and you will hear first hand from a Chinese investor about their experiences of investing in property developments in Birmingham.
The panel included:
- Ed Gamble, Head of Investment, CBRE
- Richard Bowser, Property Investor News
- PGC Capital, Shanghai
Special Guests including: Anthony McCourt – Court Collaboration, Richard Brown – Grand Central, Bob Ghosh – K4 Architects, Michael Dong – Investor Property Solutions, this is tipped to be THE event on the Real Estate calendar and not one to be missed.
Investing in Manufacturing: What are the opportunities for Chinese investments in the Midlands
Birmingham, April 2015
Many Chinese firms and individuals are looking eagerly to invest outside China. Until recently, much Chinese outward investment tended to focus on infrastructure and real estate. This pattern has repeated itself in the UK generally and in this region specifically. There has been significant Chinese investments into Birmingham and the wider Midlands in the automotive sector with SAIC and Changan establishing R and D and other operations here. In addition, Geely have just announced a major increase in investment in their London Taxi Company subsidiary in Coventry. There have also been strategic acquisitions such as Coventry Climax now expanding into production in China and even international deals such as the Chinese purchase of Pirelli.
OnF and Barker Brettell LLP brought together a panellist of leading experts from manufacturing, investment, banking and legal sectors to discuss the scale of future Chinese investment diversifying into supporting a wider range of manufacturing (large and small) that contributes to continuous development of the industrial strength in the West Midlands.
The panel included:
- James Ng, JN Legal Consulting and a former solicitor with Wragge & Co, works to bring Chinese investment into Birmingham.
- Ms Jing Ding, Manager, Birmingham Branch, Bank of China (UK Ltd)
- Chris Brown, Corporate Finance Director of Central Finance, specialises in raising finance for both small and large businesses.
- Rachel Eade, MBE, leads the automotive sector in the Business Growth Service, which is funded by the Department of Business, Innovation and Skills.